Posts Tagged ‘Cisco Band’
As KOLD‘s Christina Stymfal explains, all five nominees for the Best Waila Recording are from the Tohono O’odham Nation – meaning that tribe will see its first Native American Music Award:
The ceremony will be held on Nov. 12 at the Seneca Entertainment Center in the Seneca Casino & Hotel in Niagara Falls, New York. Voting is open to the public.
Tohono O’odham nominees:
* Gertie & the TO Boyz for their album “A Tribute to Augustine Lopez Sr.”
* Native Creed for “Cumbiafied Nativez”
* Native Thunder for “Get’n Down”
* Papago Warrior for “Papago Warriors 5″
* The Cisco Band for “T.C.O.B.”
* Tohono O’odham Braves for “25 Years of Waila Music”
More samples can be found on the NAMA website.
Tags: buffalo post, Cisco Band, Gertie & the TO Boyz, Gwen Florio, NAMA, Nammy, Nammys, Native American Music Awards, Native Creed, Native Thunder, Papago Warrior, Seneca Casino, Tohono O'odham, Tohono O'odham Braves, waila